Main course

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

THREE KINDS OF COOKIES



From the time I was twelve to the present,  I've been baking desserts.  My love affair with all things made out of flour was sanctioned and blessed by my Mother.

 My Mom a self taught cook and baker has given me the rare gift of creating yummy goodies that my family and friends thoroughly enjoy.

During the holidays, it has been my self-created tradition to give baked munchies to my relatives and friends. Call me old fashioned, for me the best gift you can give a love one is one that you made yourself. 


CRANBERRIES AND RAISINS COOKIES

2 C flour
1/2tsp. cinnamon
1/2tsp. salt
1tsp. allspice
1tsp. pumpkin spice
1tsp.baking powder
1tsp. orange extract
1C cranberries
1C raisins
3/4C brown sugar
1/4C Water
1 egg
3/4butter

Cream butter, add egg and sugar. In a separate bowl mix flour, BP and spices. Add dry ingredients to creamed butter. Add raisins and cranberries. Mix everything together and form into balls. Bake for 15mins at 350degrees.



CHOCOLATE CHIPS COOKIES

1 egg
2C flour
2/3C brown sugar
1C chocochips
1/4C water with 1tsp. coffee liquor or vanilla
1/2tsp. salt
3/4C butter
1/2tsp Baking Powder

Cream butter, add egg and sugar. In a separate bowl mix flour, salt and BP. Add dry ingredients to creamed butter. Add chocolate chips. Mix everything together and form into balls. Bake for 15mins at 350degrees.

BLACK AND WHITE CHOCO COOKIES

2C flour
1 egg
3/4C butter
1/2C chocolate powder (Hershey or any high quality chocolate)
2/3C brown sugar
1/4C water
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 C powdered sugar

Cream butter, add egg and sugar. In a separate bowl mix flour, chocolate powder, salt and BP. Add dry ingredients to creamed butter. Mix everything together and form into balls. Put powdered sugar in a saucer and coat the cookie balls. Bake for 15mins at 350degrees

No comments: